If you value a clean and well-organised home, then you surely don’t back away from a cleaning session. After all, you cannot really hope to achieve great cleanliness in your home, if you are not ready to invest the time and effort.
There are a lot of steps you can take to ensure that you get better at it. Thankfully, you can learn a thing or two from professional cleaners, who always follow these cleaning tips in their work:
- Microfibre cloths are a must-have cleaning tool – there are no two ways about it: microfibre cloths make for the most reliable cleaning tool. Thanks to it, you can do a great job at cleaning pretty much any surface. Because you can just toss it in the washing machine, a microfibre cloth is much less likely to become a breeding ground for germs. Such cloths work well with store-bought products, as well as homemade solutions, like water and vinegar. Microfibre cloths are highly-absorbent and are gentle to any surface. All in all, they are a real winner in the cleaning world.
- Get a cleaning caddy – if you want to avoid walking from one room to another to collect your tools, you should simply get a cleaning caddy. You can put all of your cleaning supplies and tools in it and carry it around with you. It will save you a lot of time and effort running around to get all these items.
- Clean as you go – when it comes to keeping a clean home and minimising the mess, it is important to tidy daily. A quick wipe here and there goes a long way to keep the area in good shape. Instead of letting simple tasks build up and become a bother, you can invest a few minutes on a daily basis. Procrastinating will only make matters worse and cause you to waste time later on.
- Clean high-traffic areas a few times a week – this is a rule you might want to follow in the bathroom. After all, multiple people visit here a few times a day, and such traffic is bound to make a mess of the place. Whether it is the toilet, the shower area or the sink, it is up to you to tackle chores before they become big ones. For instance, if you squeegee the shower after every use, you can bet there won’t be a mess to clean at the end of the week.
- Don’t forget the small inconspicuous areas – there are many such areas that you may forget to clean, but it is essential not to. For instance, vacuuming under furniture may not even cross your mind, but dust accumulates there. The light switches, door handles and door frames are areas you may not dust often, yet they are definitely in need of some attention. Faucet aerators also fall in this category.
- Use the right tools for dust in the living room – since that part of your home sees daily activity, it accumulates quite a lot of dust. Forget about feather dusters – all they do is move dust around. Use your microfibre cloth for best results. A vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter is your best bet for dust within the carpet. Make sure you clean all dust-collecting textile surfaces, such as the upholstery and curtains. You’d be surprised how much dust these can collect over time.
Adopting these tips in your cleaning routine will take you much closer to cleaning like a true professional.
If you wish to find out even more useful hacks, All Services in One Ltd is the right place.
© All Services in One Ltd